Sunday, May 12, 2013

Ch-ch-changes...

Well, there's not going to be too many changes since that'll blow the budget, but I'm getting to do a smidge of redecorating which is keeping me from twitching too badly over the mess/drama/chaos of the rebuild/repairs.

We had discussed square columns/posts on the porch before, but there weren't on our Master List since they were too big for us to tackle on our own and not something we'd budget renovation money for since it's not really worth it in resale (not that we're thinking about moving at all!).   But...since Mr. Tree smushed our porch, we get new posts!  I wanted the porch to look kinda like this:
Minus the railings of course, but love the square posts, lanterns on either side of the door, and the ferns!
I'm thinking along with the square posts that are going up (already have lanterns!), I'd love to change (the previous ones were destroyed by the tree!) the house numbers to be a bit more modern like these:
(image courtesy of 4men1lady)
I may even have to make her diy project to put on the front porch...

I've also chosen paint colors for the rooms that need to be repainted as well as for the shutters...who knew there were so many shades of black?   I'll have to hunt down swatches, but both the grey for inside and the black outside are historic colors by Valspar.  





No comments:

Post a Comment